- 14 Apr 2019 - 06 Jun 2019
DIGITAL WIZ – INTERSCHOOL YOUTUBER CHAMPIONSHIP
Dalma Mall’s DIGITAL WIZ – AN INTERSCHOOL YOUTUBER CHAMPIONSHIP, is a quest for young digital content creators aspiring to bring a change in the society and world at large through the digital ecosystem and desire to present their talent to the world innovatively.
Calling all young talents across Abu Dhabi schools, studying in grades 5 to 12, to be a part of Dalma Mall’s unique quest, through their respective schools. Schools can register using the following link - https://digitalwiz2019.dalmamall.ae
In a world where children are "growing up digital," it's important to help them learn healthy concepts of digital use and citizenship. In order to keep up with the rapidly changing Digital landscape, the contest aims to educate and promote healthy use of social media channels amongst the GenZ and encourage them to capture their creative flair in a responsible manner.
Schools interested are requested to register, nominate 5 best digital video contents, created by their students with the potential to go viral, whilst competing against other school video submissions. Entry videos could be related to social case, funny videos, educational, innovative, travelogue, product or destination reviews, talent showcase etc.
These videos as a part of the competition, uploaded on Dalma Mall’s YouTube Channel, will be judged against their content power for high social engagement. (i.e., Likes, Shares, Views, Following, subscription)
The winner of the competition will win a whopping sum of AED 20,000 Dalma Mall gift vouchers. The 1st and 2nd runner up will be awarded gift vouchers worth AED 7500 and AED 3000 respectively. Additionally, seven contestants will stand a chance to win a total of AED 7,000 worth gift vouchers. Winning Schools also will be felicitated during the final event date
Terms & Conditions of Participation/Competition:
IT IS MANDATORY TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION AND PRODUCE NECESSARY ID VERIFICATION WHEN ASKED BY THE ORGANIZERS/MALL MANAGEMENT.
- Participation is limited to the schools registered for the Interschool competition
- Schools agree to only nominate students studying in the grades 5 – 12, and also agrees disclose all necessary information, as requested, of the students nominated by them
- Registration for participation will be through the website (https://digitalwiz2019.dalmamall.ae)
- Photos and Videos of the participants and of the event may be used for Promotional activities of Dalma Mall for a period of 365 days or less and by agreeing to participate the participant and the school gives his/her/their consent to use his/her/their photo/video for the Mall’s promotional activities
- Schools registered / Students nominated by the school for the contest should ensure the video content submitted are culturally appropriate not of any harmful/conflicting interest at any topic or subject
- Usage of any abusive language, topics of sensitiveness / religious topics, hate speech, gender discrimination/attacks, sexual topics, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality or disability, will be strictly prohibited
- The competition does not allow usage of any copyrighted content
- Video content duration should be a minimum of 3 minute to a maximum of 10 minute
- Subscribing to the Dalma Mall YouTube Channel is a must to be a part of the Competition
- The winners of the competition will be judged against the overall engagement with the competing Video judged against YouTube public Views and YouTube Likes generated on Dalma Mall YouTube Channel,
- Scoring mechanics will be as follows:
- “Every single YouTube Like will be scored equal to 10 points” and
- “Every single YouTube view will be scored equal to 1 point
- The Competition allows the students/schools to promote their competing video(s) posted on Dalma Mall Youtube channel, to public through various social media channels, in order to generate maximum public engagement and thereby scores for their respective videos
- Students may enter the competition either as individuals or as a team, however the prize awarded would be only for the adjudged video submission, irrespective of the number of contributors
- Dalma Mall Management decisions in all matters regarding to this event will be final
- All the content relating to entries to the competition are the sole responsibility of the student
- Prizes awarded to the winning team are non-transferable.